Staunton Whiteman is an investment agency practice specialising in the Out of Town Retail and Leisure sectors.
We advise upon all aspects of commercial property investment including; acquisitions, disposals and development funding. We also provide clients with investment advice regarding ongoing asset management of their property holdings and how best to enhance value.
We provide expert, honest advice enabling us to successfully deliver transactions on behalf of our clients.
Many of our most successful transactions have been in respect of developments. We have negotiated complex conditional funding agreements in order to secure prime properties ‘off market’, before their existence has become commonly known.
Likewise we have arranged funding packages for developers at a very early stage in the development cycle, in order to provide our clients with certainty and to protect them from adverse market movement.
Examples of recent transactions include
- Funding of Rushden Lakes Shopping Park on behalf of The Crown Estate. Phase 1 of the scheme has a value of £250 million and has been pre-let to a outstanding line up of tenants including M&S, House of Fraser, Primark, H&M, River Island, New Look, Fat Face, Schuh, Moss Bros, Hobbs, Jigsaw, Phase 8, Paperchase and Joules. Phase 2 of the scheme will comprise a Cineworld anchored leisure park.
- Sale of Gallows Corner Retail Park, Romford on behalf of Aberdeen Asset Management for £56 million. The 92,528 sq ft scheme is let to Next, Argos, Magnet, DFS, Halfords, Furniture Village and Harveys.
- Funding of Brocklebank Retail Park, Greenwich on behalf of Savills Investment Management. The £52 million development has been pre-let to Next, Primark, Aldi and Mothercare.
- Acquisition of Drakehouse Retail Park on behalf of 90 North for £61.7 million. The 230,000 sq ft scheme is let to Homebase, Oak Furnitureland, Smyths Toys, Pets at Home, B&M, Wickes, Currys, JD sports and Sports
- Acquisition of the Silverlink Shopping Park in Newcastle for The Crown Estate. The £131 million scheme is let to M&S, H&M, Next, The Outfit, Mothercare, Boots, New Look, Currys/PC World,
“Over the last year we have advised upon the sale or purchase of over half a billion pounds worth of property.”